19 Pieces of Valuable Relationship Advice from Married Couples
If you want your relationship to last, then you need to treat your partner right. How do you do that? Well, you should start by following this valuable relationship advice from long established duos:
1. Choose to love each other, even in those moments when you struggle to like each other. Love is a choice, after all.
2. Always answer the phone when your husband/wife is calling. There’s no reason to ignore them when they need you.
3. Make time together a priority. You should have date night every single week.
4. Surround yourself with friends who will strengthen your marriage. And dump the friends that are unhealthy for the two of you.
5. Make laughter the soundtrack of your marriage. Don’t take things so seriously. Joke around as often as you can.
6. In every argument, remember that there won’t be a “winner” and a “loser”. You should be coming to a compromise.
7. Give your best to each other, not your leftovers after you’ve given your best to everyone else. He should be the most important person in your life.
8. Learn from other people, but don’t feel the need to compare your life or your marriage to anyone else’s. Every couple is different, after all.
9. Never lie to each other. Honesty should be your only policy. Lies break trust and trust is the foundation of a strong marriage.
10. Never talk badly about your spouse to other people or vent about them online. You should only have good things to say about each other.
11. Remember that marriage isn’t 50/50 — divorce is 50/50. Marriage is 100/100, because you’re both a team.
12. Don’t put your marriage on hold while you’re raising your kids or else you’ll end up with an empty nest and an empty marriage.
13. Never keep secrets from each other. secrecy is the enemy of intimacy.
14. When you’ve made a mistake, admit it and humbly seek forgiveness. You should be quick to say, “I was wrong. I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”
15. When your husband/wife breaks your trust, give them your forgiveness instantly. This will promote healing and create the opportunity for trust to be rebuilt. You should be quick to say, “I love you. I forgive you. Let’s move forward.”
16. Be patient with each other. Your spouse is always more important than your schedule.
17. Model the kind of marriage that will make your sons want to grow up to be good husbands, and your daughters want to grow up to be good wives.
18. Be your spouse’s biggest encourager, not his/her biggest critic. Be the one who wipes away their tears, not the one who causes them.
19. Always wear your wedding ring. It will remind you that you’re always connected to your spouse and will remind the rest of the world that you’re off limits.
What other pieces of relationship advice do you have?
By Holly Riordan
Source – love.allwomenstalk.com