The 12 Most Absurd Sex Myths
Sex is a never ending topic for discussion. Just when you think you know it all, you realize there’s so much more to know. False or inaccurate information about sex is everywhere now. In the papers, your bedroom, on the streets. Somebody always has a tip that is just little more than promoting a myth.
If you had plans on repeating some doubtful information about sex, here are a few real tips dispel popular sex myths so you can at least hold your chin up high in your discussions without embarrassing yourself.
1. Size matters: Is it a universal law that what’s bigger has to be better? Do you feel the intensity of your pleasure depends on the size of his organ? Wrong. Only about 4 centimetres (external one third) of the vaginal canal contains sensory nerves for arousal and orgasms. So why waste time trying to stimulate the internal two thirds of the vaginal canal when there’s not going to be any response? Focus your attention to more important matters, women!
2. He will only fall asleep after sex if you don’t provide great conversation to keep him alert: Sorry ladies but this is about genetic programming, not about conversation. Men cannot help but fall asleep straight after indulging in sexual activity because their brains are ordering them to do so. Scientists have verified through research that the male brain is programmed to switch off after orgasm while the female brain stays alert leaving most women staring at the ceiling in frustration regardless of what conversation piece is introduced.
3. Love foods or aphrodisiacs will get you “tingly”: Pigging out on oysters and strawberries to spice up your sex life? Sorry to break your bubble women, it’s nothing but a placebo effect. As in, if people believe oysters and chocolate are supposed to be sexually stimulating foods, they very well might become aroused after consuming them. Aphrodisiacs have no provable affect on the libido.
4. Men think more about sex than women: Don’t blame the sex game on the men. Women think about sex as much as a man does. If you’re an 18 year old with raging hormones then there are chances you might be sleeping, eating and dreaming sex. After a certain age, men and women’s sexual urges mellows a bit. And it’s a complete no-no to weigh out sexual prowess. To each man his own. This also doesn’t mean that only men make the first move for sex. Women do too! And nothing can be more turning on for the man than a woman in control.
5. The withdrawal method won’t get you knocked up: All it takes is a tiny sperm to get you pregnant. And that can happen through pre-ejaculation also. Most pregnancies happen because of the withdrawal method. This isn’t a fool proof plan so heads up!
6. Women don’t like porn: Not all women want rose petals on their bed. And not all women want to be whisked away into a gentle world of “love-making”. Women enjoy pornography too. And if anyone thought only men can conjure up fantasies, then you are definitely misguided.
7. You won’t get pregnant if you have sex while menstruating: Wrong! This is a long standing myth that most people believe in. It is unlikely that a woman will get pregnant while menstruating but not impossible. Sperm can stay alive inside you for several days, especially if you have a shorter cycle.
8. An orgasm for women is supposed to be earth shattering and if not so, you’re not normal: Myth, myth and 100% myth. Some women have orgasms and don’t know about it. Pelvic muscles don’t contract as much for some women however after a point of arousal they do feel relaxed and content. So if he failed to “rock” your world, then don’t panic. You’re still very normal.
9. Happy couples have good sex most of the time: Show me a couple that’s having out-of-control, raging sex every night after years of sharing the same bed, and I’ll show you a pig that can fly. Life and all its pressures get in the way for all of us. Does it mean your friend is lying if she claims to have fabulous sex after five years of marriage and two kids? Maybe. Or maybe she thinks you have a great sex life and doesn’t want to admit she doesn’t. Or maybe her definition of great sex is different than yours. Or maybe she really does have terrific sex… once a month. It’s all subjective.
10. Every woman has a G-spot: The alluring mystery of the G-spot. Yes, it’s true every woman has a G-spot, but not every woman’s G spot is an erogenous zone. So if you’ve been on a quest to find out the sweet spot, then you’re wasting your time. Focus on the other erogenous zones. She’d be so much happier!
11. If she doesn’t make pleasure noises, then she’s not enjoying the sex: Some women are vocal, some are not. This doesn’t mean she’s not enjoying it. Don’t expect her to scream out all the time. We know it’s an ego boost for you, boys. But it just doesn’t work that way. Sometimes, silence is golden.
12. You can’t get pregnant while having sex standing up, or in the shower or bath: News flash…If you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant, no matter how or where you do it.
By Rehna Abdul Kareem
Source – preventdisease.com