What Love Looks Like
Love. It’s a beautiful thing. It grows with time, effort, kindness, thoughtfulness, and occasionally some sticking-it-out-through-thick-and-thin.
So, what does love look like? Well, a lot of things. Check out this list and stand up and do a little celebratory dance (seriously, do it!) when you recognize something from your marriage.
Keep nurturing love. Keep nurturing your marriage.
Love can be expressed and shown in too many ways to count. Here is a list of how love might look in your marriage.
- Love looks like a back scratch, while sitting in front of the TV.
- Love looks like your spouse getting up early with the kiddos (or dog) so that you can sleep in.
- Love looks like like a hug and a listening ear, after a long day at work.
- Love looks like compassion, sympathy, and empathy.
- Love looks like patience, forgiveness, and humility – time and time again (even when you feel like you don’t deserve it!).
- Love looks like warm towels that your spouse stuck in the dryer when you hopped in the shower.
- Love looks like a handwritten note from your spouse, that you find in the car.
- Love looks like service, selflessness, and a desire to put your spouse’s needs above your own.
- Love looks like a kiss, a cuddle, a hug, or… more.
- Love looks like words of affirmation and praise, offered from your spouse, in front of your friends and family.
- Love looks like your spouse picking up your favorite kind of cereal at the store.
- Love looks like encouraging words when you are faced with important decisions.
- Love looks like constant strength from your spouse when you find out bad news.
- Love looks like an, “I’m sorry for being stubborn,” hug and kiss.
- Love looks like your spouse cleaning your car.
- Love looks like getting up early to make your spouse their favorite breakfast.
- Love looks like honesty, fidelity, and fierce loyalty, in all of their forms.
- Love looks like your spouse laughing at your jokes, or over something funny you said.
- Love looks like working side-by-side pulling weeds in the back yard.
- Love looks like sitting down to a lunch your spouse fixed for you.
- Love looks like your spouse buying you that shirt you have been wanting for weeks.
- Love looks like your spouse blowing it off when you know you said something that pushed their buttons.
- Love looks like your spouse running to the store, in the middle of the night, to grab some medicine that you need.
- Love looks like your spouse zipping their lips when they know they are right, but don’t want to rub it in.
- Love looks like holding hands, butterfly kisses on the cheek, whispers in the ear, footsies under the table.
- Love looks like road trips, favorite songs, outdoor adventures, swinging on swings, and laughing together.
- Love looks like a flower, a spray of cologne, a box of chocolate, or a chick flick.
- Love looks like dancing in the kitchen, playing games, talking a walk, enjoying the sunset, and watching out for each other.
In short, love looks like life – ups and downs included. It’s sharing life and growing together with that special someone. That someone who cares about you, forgives you, serves you, and totally gets you, even when others don’t. Someone who won’t leave you when the going gets tough. Someone who will hold your hand through thick and thin. Someone who will be there, rain or shine, because sometimes you really only have each other.
Yes, love is a pretty beautiful thing. Keep nurturing love. Keep nurturing your marriage.
Source – http://www.nurturingmarriage.org/