How to Make Espresso at Home Without a Fancy Machine? Mornings are different in each home. Some people deal with a sunrise from the window of their room while on the other hand, some people deal with toddlers or school-going children while the pets are running around, in short, a mess! And in this situation, you will definitely need a cup of coffee which can prepare you to face the whole day’s mess.
In my opinion, mornings are incomplete without a cup of coffee. And the people who prefer strong coffee, espresso is the best option. Espresso is a highly concentrated coffee that is prepared with high pressure.
Steps to Make Espresso at Home Without a Fancy Machine
The espresso machine is highly-priced but if you are a lover of espresso there is no need to worry about the machine if you do not own it. You can make espresso at home with simple tricks and ways. In today’s article, we are going to discuss the procedure to Make Espresso at Home Without a Fancy Machine.
Espresso on Stove- Moke Pot
The craving for espresso can be satisfied with an authentic brewing method of Moke Pot. It is an Italian stovetop coffee maker that makes the coffee with steam to make it concentrated. The price of the moke pot varies with the liquid which is held by the particular machine.
The essentials you need to Make Espresso at Home Without a Fancy Machine in the Moke Pot are given in the following list:
- Moke pot
- Espresso beans
- Burr grinder
- Tablespoon or scale
With the help of these products you can make espresso easily at home by following the mentioned steps:
- Take cold water from the tap and put it in the lower chamber below the valve
- Finely grind the coffee beans or you can add pre-ground coffee into it as well. And fill the moke pot with water and coffee.
- Then take the funnel and put it in the smoke pot.
- After that, then put the ground coffee in the filter
- Swipe away the extra ground of the funnel remaining on the edges
- Be careful while screwing the upper chamber in the lower one
- On the stove burner, and place the Moka pot on it.
- And if you are going to make the espresso on the gas stove, make sure the flame did not burn the sides of the pot.
- Let the water boil in the pot till the water boil strongly.
- Then the water starts to pass into the upper chamber.
- The foam appears on the funnel and lets it away with the spoon gently.
- When the comes from the funnel spout through the upper chamber, the espresso is done.
- Put the Moka pot aside from the stove burner.
- Then put the espresso in the cup and enjoy your espresso after a tiring day.
This is the 2nd method to Make Espresso at Home Without a Fancy Machine. The best espresso is the one that has pressure. Aeropress has the ‘press’ in its name that stands for pressure which is required to make espresso.
The essentials you need to make the espresso through Aeropress are given in the following list:
- Two filters and an Aeropress
- Espresso beans
- Microwave safe mug
- Cup to put the espresso into it
Here are the steps through which you can make espresso at home by using Aeropress.
- Put the filter in the drain cap of the Aeropress and it is used to make the flow of water smoothly
- Then put the cup
- Grind the 2 tablespoons of coffee finely.
- Put them into the filter
- Take the water directly from the tap
- Put the water to heat it to 200 degrees
- Add the coffee into it and stir it
- Place the filter cap over the cup
- Enjoy your espresso straight from the cup
THE FRENCH PRESS
The french is the most common coffee material that makes espresso strong. This home-based coffee method is one of the best methods for brewing in the non-machine line-up. If you want to have the less intense espresso, the french press method is great for you.
The essentials you need to Make Espresso at Home Without a Fancy Machine or through the french press are given in the following list:
- A french press
- Espresso beans
When you got all the products that are mentioned above, these are the steps through which you can make coffee without a coffee machine.
- Consistently grind the coffee beans in a burr grinder. In addition, you can also use pre-ground coffee.
- Take a kettle and heat a cup of water in it
- Place 2 tablespoons of ground coffee by removing the lid of the french press in a glass cylinder.
- When the water starts boiling check the temperature with a thermometer whether it is 200 degrees.
- The coffee’s optimal flavor release when you sprinkle the water on the coffee beans this process is known as blooming.
- After this point, put the hot water in the French press.
- Pour espresso into the cup. Espresso is ready to enjoy!
These methods to Make Espresso at Home Without a Fancy Machine are home-based, and there is no exaggeration in them. You just need simple pieces of equipment for making espresso. Tell us in the comment section which method you will be going to adopt for espresso.